The Physician Assistant’s Role at Sinus & Snoring Specialists?
- Posted on: May 14 2020
Physician Assistants (PA) are important members of the team at Sinus and Snoring Specialists. Allison Childs, PA (Allie) and Maria Lorenz, PA, the two Physician Assistants at our clinic, work with Dr. Daniel Slaughter in the clinic, perform procedures, and assist in the operating room.
Dr. Slaughter sees every new patient at Sinus and Snoring Specialists. The Physician Assistants manage all pre and post-operative patients with the guidance of Dr. Slaughter. He reviews every patient’s chart and provides advice on treatment plans for each patient. Dr. Slaughter and the PAs both see return visits.
Dr. Slaughter enjoys teaching and continues to have the PAs shadow him weekly to continue to grow their knowledge in ENT. You may see a Physician Assistant shadowing with Dr. Slaughter during your visit.
What conditions do our PAs diagnose and treat?
- Acute and chronic sinusitis
- Ear infections
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Hearing and vertigo issues related to labyrinthitis, sudden hearing loss syndrome, Meniere’s, and more
- Allergic rhinitis
- Thyroid conditions
- And much more!
What procedures do PA’s perform at our clinic?
- Ear wax removal
- Nasal endoscopy and debridement
- Trans-Tympanic Dexamethasone Perfusion
- Tube placement
- Tube removal and paper patch placement
- Turbinate reduction
- Vivaer for nasal valve collapse
- Clarifix for vasomotor rhinitis
- Botox injection
Can PA’s prescribe medications?
- PA’s can prescribe all medications except Schedule II controlled substances.
Does Dr. Slaughter oversee all Physician Assistant duties?
- Yes, Dr. Slaughter reviews every patient’s care with the PA.
Schedule A Consultation
Tagged with: physician assistant
Posted in: Uncategorized